About Mica's Munchies

Cooking is what I enjoyed most doing but still consider myself a novice cook but I'm an expert eater I must say.. :) This blog chronicles all my firsts, all my tried and tested recipes, as well as my successes and failures in the kitchen. Will also write about some of my restaurant discoveries and adventures. So sit back, relax and happy reading. :)

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Filipino Breakfast


What exactly is a typical Filipino Breakfast? Normally it would consists of fried rice or sinangag, eggs or itlog and a viand or ulam. Viand is either left-over from last night's dinner, beef tapa, pork sausage or sun dried fish. Variations are limitless.

Few weeks, back my mom sent me varieties of sun-dried fishes which she bought from Cebu during her last trip in the Philippines. That's why my hubby was so excited that he would have filipino breakfast again. This is the kind of things you'd miss once you live abroad. Almost all kind of fishes could be made into a "daing" so, I don't really have any preference because for me, all dried fishes taste the same.

Here's what we had this morning..

Very easy, just fry the Daing in oil until golden brown and crispy. As for the sinangag, just saute the garlic until golden brown then add the rice and add salt to taste. That's it, very easy isn't it?


Btw, Daing is normally eaten with spicy vinegar or suka. Yummy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment