About Mica's Munchies

Cooking is what I enjoyed most doing but still consider myself a novice cook but I'm an expert eater I must say.. :) This blog chronicles all my firsts, all my tried and tested recipes, as well as my successes and failures in the kitchen. Will also write about some of my restaurant discoveries and adventures. So sit back, relax and happy reading. :)

Monday, August 24, 2009

Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries

I believe that a good way to end a dinner is a dessert and dessert should not be limited to just fruits. You have to be creative sometimes. :) so, last night, I tried this Italian dessert called Panna Cotta. Sounds complicated isn't it? But it's not, believe me as I myself don't like making complicated dishes either. The recipe was from a recipe book I received as a gift last Christmas.

This dessert is very light, no matter how much you eat, it won't make your stomach full and what so good about this is you can make it ahead of time and refrigerate upto 2 days and oh did I mention it looks beautiful too?. I was surprised how my daughter loved it. She didn't eat the berries though as it's probably too sour for her.

Ingredients:
1 cup whole milk
1 tbsp unflavored powdered gelatin
3 cups whipping cream
1/3 cup honey
1 tbsp sugar
pinch of salt
assorted berries

Directions:
Place the milk in a small sauce pan. Sprinkle the gelatin over and let stand for 5 minutes to soften the gelatin. Stir over medium heat just until the gelatin dissolves but the milk does not boil, for about 5 minutes. Add the cream, honey, sugar and salt and stir until the sugar dissolves, for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Pour the cream mixture into glasses. Cover and refrigerate until set. Just before serving, spoon the berries atop Panna Cotta.



0 comments:

Post a Comment