About Mica's Munchies

Cooking is what I enjoyed most doing but still consider myself a novice cook but I'm an expert eater I must say.. :) This blog chronicles all my firsts, all my tried and tested recipes, as well as my successes and failures in the kitchen. Will also write about some of my restaurant discoveries and adventures. So sit back, relax and happy reading. :)

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

Asparagus has become one of my favorite vegetables since coming here in the US. Aside from its nutritional values, I like it because, whichever way you cook it, it always turns out to be tender and succulent.



Tonight, I decided to make this super easy, super yummy Bacon wrapped Asparagus. Everyone raves about it every time I make this dish. This was a perfect alternative to our typical grilled asparagus.




Ingredients
:
Asparagus spears, trimmed 4 to 5 inches long tips

Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling

ground black pepper

bacon slices


Directions
:
Lightly coat asparagus spears in extra-virgin olive oil. Then season it with black pepper. Gather a number of asparagus, maybe 4pcs/bundle and use a slice of bacon to wrap the bundle. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Place bundles on the slotted broiler pan and broil for 12 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and asparagus are tender. Alternatively, you can grill this as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment