About Mica's Munchies

Cooking is what I enjoyed most doing but still consider myself a novice cook but I'm an expert eater I must say.. :) This blog chronicles all my firsts, all my tried and tested recipes, as well as my successes and failures in the kitchen. Will also write about some of my restaurant discoveries and adventures. So sit back, relax and happy reading. :)

Friday, September 4, 2009

Easy BBQ Ribs

Summer will unofficially end this weekend and a great way to end it is by having some barbecues in the backyard. Barbecue is my hubby's territory so I told him that I will never let this summer pass without giving it a space in this blog. He makes all kinds of BBQs but this time around he was craving for some bbq ribs. I don't know what his technique was but he has his own way of making his BBQs juicy and tender.


For this bbq, my husband prepared a dry rub for the spare ribs. Its a combination of paprika, chili powder, brown sugar, salt, ground black pepper, crushed red pepper and cumin.
For glazing, he just used a store bought barbecue sauce.


Directions:
The night before you plan on barbecuing, prepare your ribs. Cover both sides of the rack with a generous portion of the dry rub. Then place the rack onto a large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil and wrap the entire rack in it. Put this in the fridge over night so that the rub can do its own thing. Then next day, fire up the grill and grill the ribs for an hour or until the meat temperature reaches 180 degrees F.

0 comments:

Post a Comment