About Mica's Munchies

Cooking is what I enjoyed most doing but still consider myself a novice cook but I'm an expert eater I must say.. :) This blog chronicles all my firsts, all my tried and tested recipes, as well as my successes and failures in the kitchen. Will also write about some of my restaurant discoveries and adventures. So sit back, relax and happy reading. :)

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Fondant Cake



Today, I tried my very first Fondant cake. Remember the Pandan Chiffon Cake I made awhile ago? I've just covered it with fondant icing. I now just realize how hard and frustrating it is to make it as I did everything from scratch. From cake to buttercream down to the fondant icing. The hardest part was the amount of kneading and rolling involved. Since I wanted a blue cake, the color had to be kneaded into the fondant which made my arms and shoulders all sore. Grabe! It was good exercise though I must tell you.. :)

So here's how it turned out.
I did not cover the whole cake as my hubby and my little girl already ate half of the pandan cake for merienda.. :) Notice the little white balls? My dear daughter helped me made it and actually placed it around the cake herself hence the little space in one of them. The balls are not perfectly round as the fondant icing dried up so fast. And a little crack on the side that I hid very nicely... :)


And here's what the inside of the cake looks like. I have put buttercream filling para naman may break and not too much cake. Have you noticed that the filling on the other side is thicker than the other?

So there you have it, my far from successful first try with fondant. We had fun making it so hopefully we'll do better next time.. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment