About Mica's Munchies

Cooking is what I enjoyed most doing but still consider myself a novice cook but I'm an expert eater I must say.. :) This blog chronicles all my firsts, all my tried and tested recipes, as well as my successes and failures in the kitchen. Will also write about some of my restaurant discoveries and adventures. So sit back, relax and happy reading. :)

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Baked Spaghetti - Filipino Style

Back home, older folks believed that eating long strands of noodles signify long life and prosperity. That's why it is common to see Spaghetti or Pancit in any birthday party. Spaghetti is the food my daughter never gets tired of eating, be it a Filipino style, Italian style or even Chef Boyardee's style.. :)


Last Sunday, though it was nobody's birthday party, I made my own filipino style baked spaghetti because, I was traveling last week, I wanted to make sure that my husband and daughter will have something to eat while I was away.

Filipino Style Spaghetti is a little bit sweet and aside from ground beef it also have sliced hotdogs.

Ingredients:
1 box Spaghetti
1 tsp minced garlic
1 small chopped onion
2 tbsp oil
1 jar of meatless spaghetti sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 pound ground beef
sliced hotdogs
salt and pepper to taste
parmesan cheese
cheddar cheese

Directions:
1] Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic and onion. Then add beef and cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, sugar and season with salt and pepper.

2] Cover the bottom of a pan with sauce. Add a layer of pasta and then a little less than 1/2 of each cheese; repeat the layers, ending with the sauce.
3] Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Top the the spaghetti with the remaining cheese, return it to the oven, and continue to cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 more minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment