About Mica's Munchies

Cooking is what I enjoyed most doing but still consider myself a novice cook but I'm an expert eater I must say.. :) This blog chronicles all my firsts, all my tried and tested recipes, as well as my successes and failures in the kitchen. Will also write about some of my restaurant discoveries and adventures. So sit back, relax and happy reading. :)

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ginataang Mais (Sweet rice with corn and coconut milk)

Ginataang mais was something we always have for snacks growing up especially when the weather was cold. And today afternoon was the right timing to make it as it was raining all day. This can be made in different varieties, aside from corn, mung beans can also be used.

For some reason, I always like "Ginataan" snacks in all varieties. It just tastes like home every time I take a bite.. Yum!

Ingredients:
1 can (14 oz.) creamed corn

1 cup coconut milk

6 cups water
1/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup glutinous rice


Directions:

1] In a pan, combine coconut milk, water, sugar and glutinous rice and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until the rice is soft and all the liquid has been absorbed.

2] Add corn and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.

3] Serve hot or cold.


0 comments:

Post a Comment