About Mica's Munchies

Cooking is what I enjoyed most doing but still consider myself a novice cook but I'm an expert eater I must say.. :) This blog chronicles all my firsts, all my tried and tested recipes, as well as my successes and failures in the kitchen. Will also write about some of my restaurant discoveries and adventures. So sit back, relax and happy reading. :)

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Beef Steak Tagalog


Beef Steak Tagalog or better known as Bistek in the Philippines is one of my favorite dishes. Not only it requires just 4 ingredients but it is easy to prepare as well. Mondays at the office is this so-called "Home-Made Lunch Mondays" wherein everyone take turns to bring in a dish to share. The only rule is, it has to be home-made nothing fancy but should be edible. :) So today, this Bistek Tagalog made the cut in the "Home-Made Lunch Mondays' .

Ingredients:
1 lb beef sirloin
1/3 cup soy sauce
juice from 1 lemon
1 onion sliced into rings

Directions:
1.
Marinade beef in soy sauce and lemon juice for 15 minutes.
2.
In a large wok, saute the onion rings in a 2tbsp of olive oil until desired doneness. Remove onion from wok immediately and set aside.
3.
In the same wok, cook the beef in low fire together with the marinade until tender.
4.
Transfer on a plate, top with sauteed onions and serve with white rice.

I don't usually marinate the beef. So after frying the onions (btw, I like my onions overcooked as don't want to taste that spicy onion flavor when you bite to it), I just throw the beef together with the soy sauce and lemon juice in the pan. The beef is already sliced thin so if you let it sit in the marinade you might end up with a very salty Bistek Tagalog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment