About Mica's Munchies

Cooking is what I enjoyed most doing but still consider myself a novice cook but I'm an expert eater I must say.. :) This blog chronicles all my firsts, all my tried and tested recipes, as well as my successes and failures in the kitchen. Will also write about some of my restaurant discoveries and adventures. So sit back, relax and happy reading. :)

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Pichi-Pichi rolled in grated coconut

Pichi-Pichi is another famous Philippine delicacy. It is made up of steamed grated cassava flavored with pandan and topped with grated coconut.



I always thought that this was a difficult sweet to make. Because for me, any dessert that involves cassava is difficult. But it was not. In fact, I was told that this can be done in the microwave as well instead of the steamer. I will try that next time and let you know of the outcome.



I like eating this when it is warm but this is good as well when served cold especially when it is covered with lots of grated coconut. Yum!


Ingeredients:

2 cups grated cassava

2 cups water

1 1/2 cups white sugar

grated coconut

pandan extract


Directions:

1] Mix all ingredients except for grated coconut. Stir well.

2] Add in the pandan extract and mix again.

3] Transfer in a container and steamed for 2 hours.

4] Remove from steamer and wait for it to cool down a bit.

5] Make small balls using two spoons or ice cream scooper and roll them in the grated coconut.




These Pichi-pichi has a hint of green color to it due to the pandan extract, another good idea is to make it in different colors especially Holidays is just around the corner, you can color your pichi-pichi with red and green to make it look more festive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment