About Mica's Munchies

Cooking is what I enjoyed most doing but still consider myself a novice cook but I'm an expert eater I must say.. :) This blog chronicles all my firsts, all my tried and tested recipes, as well as my successes and failures in the kitchen. Will also write about some of my restaurant discoveries and adventures. So sit back, relax and happy reading. :)

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Egg Sarciado

Have you ever come to a point that you don't know what to cook anymore? Yes I have, and last night was no exception. So, I surveyed my fridge and found 2 dozen eggs. That's a lot for a family of three huh?! Well, in my kitchen that is the only thing I don't ever get run out of because my daughter and I love to bake. And so here I was thinking last night what to do with those eggs besides fried and omelet... hmmm... then suddenly I thought about Sarciado which I haven't made for such a long time.

Right away went to the pantry to look for tomatoes - checked, garlic - checked, onions - checked. So finally the problem as to what to make for dinner is solved.

This is very easy to make. Just sautee the garlic until golden brown, then add tomatoes and onions. Cook until wilted. It's a personal preference on how much tomatoes and onions you want to use. Then add about a 1/4 cup water, season with salt and pepper or you can substitute fish sauce with salt. Then add the eggs (boiled, peeled and cut in half). Continue to simmer for about 1 minute. Serve with hot rice.


Instead of boiled eggs, you can also use fried fish or pork. Procedure is about the same. I'll make Fish Sarciado next time so could show you. Happy Eating!


0 comments:

Post a Comment