About Mica's Munchies

Cooking is what I enjoyed most doing but still consider myself a novice cook but I'm an expert eater I must say.. :) This blog chronicles all my firsts, all my tried and tested recipes, as well as my successes and failures in the kitchen. Will also write about some of my restaurant discoveries and adventures. So sit back, relax and happy reading. :)

Monday, December 21, 2009

Panaeng Neua (Beef Sauteed Curry)

Thai food has always been on the top of my list when it comes to my favorite dishes. I think it is because the taste is so close to the foods i have accustomed to when I was growing up back in Manila.

Thai curry is the one I like best. So few days back, I opened my Thai Recipe book and tried this dish called Panaeng Neua (Beef Sauteed Curry). It is a spicy stir-fried beef curry with coconut milk.


Ingredients:
Beef tenderloin cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 tbsp. panaeng curry paste
2 sliced red spur chilies
6 kaffir lime leaves
3 tbsp. roasted peanuts
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp fish sauce

Directions:
1] Heat 1/2 cup of coconut milk until the oil surfaces, then add the Panaeng curry paste.
2] Add the beef and fry for 3 minutes, then add the rest of the coconut milk.
3] Season with salt, fish sauce, sugar and ground roasted peanuts and simmer for 5 minutes until the beef is tender. Add the kaffir lime leaves and chilies. Turn off the heat.
4] Serve with white rice.


Just want to say to be very careful with the Panaeng curry paste as it is very spicy. I suggest to just use a little bit at first then, then adjust according to the level of hotness you prefer.

Happy Eating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment