About Mica's Munchies

Cooking is what I enjoyed most doing but still consider myself a novice cook but I'm an expert eater I must say.. :) This blog chronicles all my firsts, all my tried and tested recipes, as well as my successes and failures in the kitchen. Will also write about some of my restaurant discoveries and adventures. So sit back, relax and happy reading. :)

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Cupcakes galore

Today is my daughter's Christmas party in school. As usual, I brought cupcakes but this time had no choice because that was the only item in her class list not filled up yet. And besides, I really enjoyed decorating cakes. So that worked really well for me!

So last night I started baking all the yellow cupcakes. I was planning to do chocolate ones but had ran out of cocoa powder. And kids love cup cakes regardless of the flavor anyways. So, this should work.


I made my own icing from scratch and colored it green to look more festive. Then I have topped it with red and green sugar crystals with a little bit of sprinkles and finished it off with marshmallow on top with tiny candies.

The finish product really looked Christmas-y. My dear daughter could not stop picking on those marshmallows. :) .

I started making about 2 dozens but since my dear daughter kept eating the cupcakes I ended up bringing only 16 which hopefully should be enough for a class of 8. I will find out later tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment