About Mica's Munchies

Cooking is what I enjoyed most doing but still consider myself a novice cook but I'm an expert eater I must say.. :) This blog chronicles all my firsts, all my tried and tested recipes, as well as my successes and failures in the kitchen. Will also write about some of my restaurant discoveries and adventures. So sit back, relax and happy reading. :)

Friday, June 25, 2010

Easy Beef Chili

One night I just got tired of cooking our traditional dinner . So we decided to have Beef Chili partnered with Mexican rice. I will write in my next blog the recipe for the Mexican rice. For now enjoy this very quick and easy to prepare Beef Chili.




This is the recipe I got from the internet..


Ingredients:
2 tsp oil
1 lb lean ground beef
1 c chopped onion
1 clove garlic minced
1 large can diced tomatoes (28 oz)
1 can small red beans, with liquid(15 oz)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper


Procedure:
In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, brown ground beef in hot oil then add onions; add garlic the last few minutes. Drain off excess fat. Add remaining ingredients; Cover and bring to a simmer. Just before serving, top it off with grated cheese and some chopped onions.


My hubby liked it so much that he used the left over as a dip for nachos!



0 comments:

Post a Comment